Hand Sanitizer - formula #0013
|Posted on January 15, 2017 at 8:55 PM|
It is amazing how big the hand sanitizing business is and it's provided everywhere from grocery stores, restaurants, public restrooms, not to mention the multitude of packaging so that one can carry it anywhere and anytime....you almost feel like you have to have it! I personally never liked over the counter hand sanitizers as they contain alot of alcohol and it is drying to my skin. Not to mention that I'm not sure what is wrong with just hot water and soap....just like mom said when we were growing up--wash your hands often with hot water and soap! I guess the FDA agreed to that, because as of September 2, 2016, they issued a press release that stated:
"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today issued a final rule establishing that over-the-counter (OTC) consumer antiseptic wash products containing certain active ingredients can no longer be marketed. Companies will no longer be able to market antibacterial washes with these ingredients because manufacturers did not demonstrate that the ingredients are both safe for long-term daily use and more effective than plain soap and water in preventing illness and the spread of certain infections."
Further on it states:
"The agency issued a proposed rule in 2013 after some data suggested that long-term exposure to certain active ingredients used in antibacterial products — for example, triclosan (liquid soaps) and triclocarban (bar soaps) — could pose health risks, such as bacterial resistance or hormonal effects."
Yikes! This is why essential oils are so exciting, since many plants have antibacterial properties! Sage Aromatique's hand sanitizer was formulated for therapeutic properties of anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-microbial and contains:
- Sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) - key component is d-limonene which has anti-bacterial properties
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) - high in linalol which has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties and linalyl acetate which has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) - key component is cinnamaldehyde which has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-viral properties
- Clove Bud (Eugenia caryophyllata) - key component is eugenol which has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties
- Rosemary 1,8 cineole (Rosmariunus officinalis ct. 1,8 cineole) - key component is the 1,8 cineole which has airborne antimicrobial, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties
These essential oils are mixed in a carrier of aloe vera which is soothing to the hands and will not dry them out! Only spray on hands and feet, and never around the eyes or face.
I carry the 1 oz spray in my purse and also have one at home because it is so effective. When my family was suffering with colds, I used my hand sanitizer frequently and did not get ill. Recently I made a fabulous discovery when I was making dinner that required chopping garlic and I have never been able to remove the garlic odor from my hands for days until I sprayed some hand sanitizer and it removed the garlic smell almost immediately! I was ecstatic! Needless to say this is a popular item for Sage Aromatique...for a 1 oz spray it is $7.00! To order, you can go to the contact page and email or call to place an order!
Note: FDA Press Release link: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm517478.htm